Creating a resilient community starts with you!
Traumatic experience may launch an avalanche of physical, behavioral, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive responses that leave victims feeling unbalanced and threatened.
These physical and mental symptoms are the result of individual and/or community trauma from: poverty, natural and human-made disasters, racism and other forms of discrimination, sexual abuse, war and family violence. The Community Resiliency Model® (CRM) trains community members to not only help themselves but to help others within their wider social network. Antonia Nelson is one of those individuals trained and familiar with stabilization programs to re-set the natural balance of the nervous system.
She teaches simple biologically-based skills, founded upon current science, to help individuals and communities get back into balance in body, mind and spirit after trauma.
- Reduce common human reactions related to stressful/traumatic experiences,
- Help youe understand the biology of traumatic symptoms,
- Gain 6 critical wellness skills of the Community Resiliency Model.
Goals of the Community Resiliency Model
To learn simple biologically based skills, based upon current science, to help individuals and communities get back into balance in body, mind and spirit.
- To educate about common reactions resulting from individual or communal traumas such as poverty, racism, family violence, natural and human-made disasters.
- To reduce common human reactions related to stressful/traumatic experiences.
- To help people understand the biology of traumatic symptoms
- To learn the 6 wellness skills of the Community Resiliency Model
Utilizing these skills can help you bring your nervous system back into balance after stressors in life from traumatic events or memories of them. There is great calm that comes when you have skills to use. Children learn these skills easily and them utilize them because they directly experience the results. When children are having temper tantrums, wouldn’t it be great to teach them a skill that they can use to help them regain their calmness? Healthy children become healthy adults and contribute to make Resilient Communities.
Working with business, groups, families, Teachers, children…
“As we become more resilient human beings, we create more resilient healthy families and communities.”
Antonia Nelson is a certified Community Resiliency Model Skills Trainer and is available to share these skills with you.